Summer is over but the passion for grilling does not need to end. Grilling all year round is one of the best things about owning your own grill. If you are thinking of purchasing a new outdoor grill for next year’s summer bash, then consider this – a 5 burner gas grill with 4 main burners and a side burner that allows you maximum versatility. Introducing the Hamilton Beach Grillstation, designed for excellent grilling flexibility that allows you to use the burners in whatever which way you want. You can set 2 of the burners to searing while the other 2 at a lower heat and even sauté on the side.
The Hamilton Beach Gas Grill
Let’s talk a bit about the grill; it has 442 sq. inches of primary grilling space and a total cooking area of 598 sq. inches. Really a good-sized family grill – it may not be the largest out there but its more than good enough and serves its purpose quite well. Now, as mentioned it has 4 main burners that burn up to 10,000 BTUs and a side burner that goes up to 13,000 BTU and an extra smoker burner with closed smoker tray that goes up to 6,500 BTUs. Considering the size of the grill, the power output is really nothing spectacular and there are a lot more grills out there with superior output and a larger size. Much like Weber grills, when you buy a Hamilton Beach grill you buy it because the brand is well known and the quality and prestige it brings. The grill is power coated and is constructed with 430 stainless steel, which is ok for a grill but it could have been better.
This Hamilton Beach gas grill was designed with a lower grilling surface in order to create a shield against the wind when raising the hood of the grill. This way, you won’t need to worry about adjusting your grilling temperature or waste extra gas. It also has a Tachometer – style temperature gauge that is mounted in the front and center. It’s extra large gauge helps you watch over the temperature while grilling without having to stress out. Oh and did I mention the Hamilton Beach Grillstation features a wood-chip drawer? Well, it does and while it’s not something everyone looks for in a grill it’s a nice feature to have if you like the way your food will taste with that wood-chip drawer. Otherwise, you can just scratch it off as an extra feature you could maybe use in the future.
As always, when buying a grill or thinking about buying a grill always consider the fact if you can maintain it. Like all grills, I suggest cleaning it at least once a while to keep it fresh and kind of new. If you do buy this remember to keep it in a dry place when not in use so as to keep it from rusting. While some consumers have complained about the assembly of this grill, and while the instructions do provide proper guidelines there were some things that were wrong with it but like most things you can always just search the Internet for whatever problem it is you’re having.
And finally, this baby retails for about $400 in stores but if you buy it online from Amazon it will only cost you around $300. For the original price, I’d suggest you look for other grills and carefully consider your options. But for the price you can get this on Amazon, if you really like it you shouldn’t hesitate; saves you money and you get the grill you want.
So if you want to buy a gas grill, the best place to buy is from Amazon and here’s why:
- All the reviews are like having hundreds of really good friends give you their personal experience with the grill, then taking all of that personal experience and giving it a star rating. You’re buying quality when there are 100′s of fans of the grill.
- A friendly UPS driver will deliver it right to your door. No waiting in line, no hauling it in your car. No sore muscles or achy back the next day.
- Amazon has the best price 99% of the time. Amazon constantly watches competitor pricing and makes sure you get the best deal. They do a ton of business and take advantage of economies of scale, which means you get the savings!
- FREE shipping. Enough said.
- Returns are easy. Amazon recently shipped a car, and they ship a ton of large items, all day, every day. If they can ship a car, rest assured, you will get your grill in perfect condition. BUT if for any reason it comes damaged, it is super easy to return. Just print out a UPS label, slap it on the box and a friendly UPS driver will pick it up, free of charge. This is way easier than waiting in a return line at Home Depot and talking with a bored, angsty teenage sales clerk.
Product Details for the Grill Geeks:
- Side burner with 13,000 BTU
- Smoke Station drawer for woodchips
- 4 main burners at 10,000 BTU each
- 2 side shelves
- Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates