Have you always wanted a gas grill and yet you could never let go of a charcoal grill? Well guess what, you can get the best of both worlds with this Char- Broil gas and charcoal grill. Char – Broil created this to compete with other several grill makes who have taken it upon themselves to create a fusion of a gas and a charcoal grill. This grill is basically, 2 grills mounted on 1 cart with one side of it has the 3-burner gas grill and the other a typical box style charcoal grill. Now, for the features I’ll be explaining later this grill is actually quite affordable. But you really need to ask yourself whether this is something you’d use and if it satisfies your grilling needs.
Char-Broil Combination Charcoal Grill and Gas Grill with Side Burner
This grill is great for cooking in your backyard for your family and friends, as the size is quite big and can accommodate a lot of simultaneous cooking. With a porcelain coated cast iron primary cooking grates of about 390 sq. inches and a 112.5 sq. inch of porcelain wire secondary cooking surface for each side of the grill– you know you’ve definitely got space big enough to accommodate all your favorites. You get 36,000 BTUs on the stainless steel main burners of the 3-burner gas grill and 12,000 BTUs on the flush mount covered side burner. While not the best output for a grill this size, it can still cook everything you throw at in and heats well enough.
The 3-burner gas grill side also features an electronic ignition for easy start-up and a temperature gauge to ensure you are always cooking at the temperature that you want. While the charcoal grill side features an adjustable charcoal grate that cranks easily to your preferred height, a front access firebox door to minimize heat loss while grilling, and a slide – out ash pan for easy ash removal. Some people like charcoal cooking best and this will help them continue to use what they love and learn about gas grilling as well. It also features a temperature gauge, towel bar, and 4 casters with 2 of each are locking.
This Char- Broil gas and charcoal grill is a great grill and something you’ll really love once you learn the tricks of the trade. But Char- Broil has stopped production of this grill but they still support it. It currently has a list price of $400.78 on Amazon and is also temporarily out of stock there. Fair warning though, some of the consumers have mentioned that this grill is a bit weakly built though not absolutely horrible it could’ve been better. And for that price, although it isn’t thousands of dollars, I’d suggest you get 2 separate grills – 1 that’s gas and 1 that’s charcoal. There are Weber grills or other Char- Broil grill that is a better run for your money. But if you really like the convenience of 2 grills in 1, it is ultimately up to you. You just need to consider the fact that it is 2 grills in 1 so you really need to maintain both sides of the grill every time you use it.
So if you want a dependable grill for the best deal, you should buy this from Amazon and here’s why:
- All the reviews are like having hundreds of really good friends give you their personal experience with the grill, then taking all of that personal experience and giving it a star rating. You’re buying quality when there are 100′s of fans of the grill.
- A friendly UPS driver will deliver it right to your door. No waiting in line, no hauling it in your car. No sore muscles or achy back the next day.
- Amazon has the best price 99% of the time. Amazon constantly watches competitor pricing and makes sure you get the best deal. They do a ton of business and take advantage of economies of scale, which means you get the savings!
- FREE shipping. Enough said.
- Returns are easy. Amazon recently shipped a car, and they ship a ton of large items, all day, every day. If they can ship a car, rest assured, you will get your grill in perfect condition. BUT if for any reason it comes damaged, it is super easy to return. Just print out a UPS label, slap it on the box and a friendly UPS driver will pick it up, free of charge. This is way easier than waiting in a return line at Home Depot and talking with a bored, angsty teenage sales clerk.
Product details for the grill geeks:
- 390 Square inches cooking surface for gas, 390 square inches for charcoal, Two 113 sq. Inch porcelain secondary cooking surfaces (One gas, One Charcoal)
- 3 Burner grill with lidded side burner; 36,000 BTU’s, 12,000 BTU side burner
- Porcelain-coated cast iron primary grates and Porcelain-coated wire swing-away
- Convenient side shelves, 2 storage doors, Solid bottom shelf, 4 casters (2 locking, Temperature gauge with bezel)
- Crank adjustable-height charcoal grate, Charcoal access door, Slide-out ash pan for easy ash removal