If you’re in the market for a new portable, sturdy, and affordable gas grill then I urge you to read on. The Cuisinart CGG -220 is a great portable grill that is designed for camping, tailgating, fishing, and of course grilling in your backyard. This grill features 240 sq. inches of cooking area with porcelain enamel cast iron grill grates, which can accommodate a lot of food at once. It can cook 10 burgers, 8 steaks or 8 chicken breasts; more than enough for a portable grill. I personally like the sear marks the grilling grates leave on steaks and chicken. So if this got you hooked, you’ll love it even more when you find out its whole package.
The Cuisinart CGG-220 Everyday Portable Gas Grill
This grill is ideal for a small to medium size family with 3 -5 family members as the single burner can heat up fast and uses a lot less gas. With the single burner reaching up to 15,000 BTUs with an electric ignition for easy start up. The Everyday portable grill can actually be your primary grill. It may not perform as well as the other high end, full sized grill. But it can perform extremely well for a portable grill and at only a fraction of a price of a full sized grill.
The Everyday portable grill is smartly designed to weigh less than 40 pounds and can easily be packed up and carry to wherever you will need it. The grill is 40 by 19 by 18 inches when in grilling mode and only 26 by 18 by 19 inches when it is packed up, which makes it extremely easy to move around.
The grill has a green enamel-coated steel lid with a heat resistant stainless steel lid handle. The lid helps maintain even temperatures when grilling by decreasing heat loss during grilling. You also get a lot of extras when you buy this grill like the pair of removable 10 x 10 inch side table, which you can use as a prep space for tools, food, or even a place to put your drink while grilling. It even has a precision temperature gauge, which is a great bonus for a portable and affordable grill.
Fair warning though, the grease catch is a bit difficult to clean and some customers find it a bit frustrating. But it’s not that big a deal that you would miss a fairly good grill. To be perfectly honest, there are a lot of grills in the market that are at par or even better than this grill. But that doesn’t mean this grill is bad. Not at all. It actually performs very well for the price and the quality you get since it is from Cuisinart.
Assembling this grill is fairly easy and will only take you about 15 minutes.
The Cuisinart Everyday portable gas grill is available on Amazon for only $150 and has a rating of 3.9 stars out of 5.
Bottomline, if you want or need a portable gas grill or even a primary grill that won’t require you to spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars then this might be a good option for you. It definitely performs well worth the price but it’s not anything outstanding in my opinion.
If you want a portable grill and feel this is perfect for you, you should buy this from Amazon and here’s why:
- All the reviews are like having hundreds of really good friends give you their personal experience with the grill, then taking all of that personal experience and giving it a star rating. You’re buying quality when there are 100′s of fans of the grill.
- A friendly UPS driver will deliver it right to your door. No waiting in line, no hauling it in your car. No sore muscles or achy back the next day.
- Amazon has the best price 99% of the time. Amazon constantly watches competitor pricing and makes sure you get the best deal. They do a ton of business and take advantage of economies of scale, which means you get the savings!
- FREE shipping. Enough said.
- Returns are easy. Amazon recently shipped a car, and they ship a ton of large items, all day, every day. If they can ship a car, rest assured, you will get your grill in perfect condition. BUT if for any reason it comes damaged, it is super easy to return. Just print out a UPS label, slap it on the box and a friendly UPS driver will pick it up, free of charge. This is way easier than waiting in a return line at Home Depot and talking with a bored, angsty teenage sales clerk.
Product Details for Grill Geeks:
- Portable gas grill designed for backyard use, camping, tailgating, and more
- 240-square-inch porcelain-enamel cast-iron grill grate offers plenty of grilling space
- Single 15,000 BTU burner with TwistStart electric ignition and precision temperature gauge
- Pair of removable 10-by-10-inch side tables; heat-resistant stainless-steel lid handle
- Measures 26 x 18 x 19 inches in transport mode; weighs less than 40 pounds