I’ve shared a lot of grills that I believe would help other grill enthusiasts or a new comer to grilling. Grilling is a passion and not everyone is up for the challenge. But the joy of being able to serve my friends and family while taking the time off and just bonding with them is the best part about it. At the end of the day, buying a grill comes down to a few things – price, features, durability, quality, and sometimes even brand.
Granted, the 300 bucks limit is not the most expensive grills out there but it’s also not the cheapest in terms of quality and materials used. I wouldn’t want you to buy something you wouldn’t enjoy and wouldn’t be able to use for years to come. That is the very reason why I made this review, to help you make your decision on what grill could be best suited for your needs and preferences. You should note though that at that price point, you shouldn’t expect your grill to last you a whole lifetime.
You will need replacement grills in the future, BUT as of the moment for a 300 dollar budget these are the best options, in my opinion. So here are my top 3 best grills under 300 bucks – The Dyna- Glo Black & Stainless Premium Grills, The Char-Broil Classic 480, and the Fuego FELG21C Element Gas Grill.
Top Gas Grills Under $300
#1 Choice – Dyna–Glo Black & Stainless Premium Grills
First off is the Dyna- Glo black & stainless premium grills, there are quite a few options for this series; a 2 burner gas grill, a 4 burner, and a 5 burner grill. But we’ll focus on the 2 burner model. The look of this grill is one of the sleekest and nicest in the market. It has that luxurious look to it that makes you think it costs more than it actually does. This grill has a total of 30,000 BTUs, granted it’s not the most powerful 2 burner grill out there but it will definitely do the job. You also get a spacious 547 sq. inches of total cooking space with 350 sq. inches of primary cooking area. A great size of working space for a 2 burner grill. This also includes 2 enameled cast – iron cooking grates, 2 stainless steel p-shaped burners, and 2 enameled heat tents that add flavour to what you’re cooking, and 2 locking and non-locking heavy duty wheel casters. The lid offers a double – wall liner to retain heat while grilling with aluminium end caps for solidity. The controls are fairly straightforward with its dials, bezel base, and the normal electronic easy push ignition for start- up.
The grill is not humungous and will only take a little space on your deck/ patio/ wherever else you’re planning on putting this. Though Dyna- Glo does not have much online presence, they have made a name for themselves producing high quality, heavy duty, and great performing grills. This Dyna- Glo grill is no exception, it heats up fast and is also great for indirect grilling. I’m not saying that this grill is the best one out there, but for the price point, performance, and durability of this grill makes it one of the best options for the under 300 bucks budget.
For the 2 burner model you only get one option, the liquid propane. Now for some people this is just not an option as they want to use natural gas but if it doesn’t matter all that much to you, I suggest you take a look at this and consider buying this grill. You can get this grill for a little under $257 for the Dyna-Glo 2 burner liquid propane model on Amazon. It even rated 4.4 out of 5 stars with over 180 customer reviews.
So if you want a dependable long lasting grill, this one is the way to go. We also think you should buy it on Amazon and here is why:
- All the reviews are like having hundreds of really good friends give you their personal experience with the grill, then taking all of that personal experience and giving it a star rating. You’re buying quality when there are 100′s of fans of the grill.
- A friendly UPS driver will deliver it right to your door. No waiting in line, no hauling it in your car. No sore muscles or achy back the next day.
- Amazon has the best price 99% of the time. Amazon constantly watches competitor pricing and makes sure you get the best deal. They do a ton of business and take advantage of economies of scale, which means you get the savings!
- FREE shipping. Enough said.
- Returns are easy. Amazon recently shipped a car, and they ship a ton of large items, all day, every day. If they can ship a car, rest assured, you will get your grill in perfect condition. BUT if for any reason it comes damaged, it is super easy to return. Just print out a UPS label, slap it on the box and a friendly UPS driver will pick it up, free of charge. This is way easier than waiting in a return line at Home Depot and talking with a bored, angsty teenage sales clerk.
Product Details for the Grill Geeks:
- 30,000 total btus with an easy push button electronic ignition, 350 square-inch of primary cooking space and 547 square inch of total cooking space
- 2 enameled cast-iron cooking grates, 2 stainless steel p-shaped burners, and 2 steel enameled heat tents
- A double-wall stainless steel lid assembly, cast aluminum end caps for stability, a large easy lifting handle, temperature gauge with a décor ring
- Cabinet assembly, an open slot for the propane (LP) tank to sit easily into its place, 2 locking and non-locking heavy duty wheel casters
- Warranty: 1 year limited. assembly dimensions: length 45.8-inch by depth 23-inch by height 45.43-inch weight 81.4 lbs. csa certified
#2 Choice – The Char-Broil Classic 480
Next on our list is the Char-Broil classic 480. I’m sure you’ve seen Char-Broil grills on here at one point or another as they are one of the more well-known grilling brands. And this baby lives up to the Char-Broil quality and reputation. This Char- Broil grill is a 4 burner gas grill with 40,000 BTUs and an additional 10,000 BTU lidded side burner – a nice addition but necessarily needed. You also get about 480 sq. inches of primary cooking area with 180 sq. inches of secondary cooking space. The cooking grates are porcelain- coated cast iron ones. There are also large metal side shelves that offer a lot working area. And if you plan on moving this baby around for a bit, don’t worry, there are 2 7” wheels to help you move this baby. And of course you get the electronic ignition system that makes start-up faster and easier. The feel of this grill is heavy and durable.
The Char-Broil Classic 480 is not on our best grills under 300 list solely because it is worth less than 300 bucks but more because it performs great, constructed well, and will last you for a while. Don’t expect those fancy features on a 300 dollar (or less) grill as you’ll either have those features but be disappointed or you won’t have them and think you need them. This grill is a classic, old school kind of grill. You get a great cooking space with efficient and convenient features and the price is not going to get you bankrupt. Assembling this grill will take you about an hour or so to finish depending on your building ability. But an hour or so is not too bad considering it is a grill and a lot of other grill takes a lot longer and harder to assemble.
So for only $221.85, this Char-Broil Classic 480 is a great bargain. It even has a rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars with a little over 90 customer reviews on Amazon. You get a great grill at an unbeatable price.
Product Details for the Grill Geeks:
- Char-Broil four burner, 40,000 BTU gas grill with 10,000 BTU lidded side burner
- 480 square inches of primary cooking on porcelain-coated cast iron grates plus 180 square inches of secondary cooking on porcelain-coated swing away
- Large metal side shelves offer lots of workspace and two 7″ wheels offer easy portability
- Stainless steel lid, handle, control panel, and fascia’s add style and durability to this model
- Electronic ignition system offers a reliable spark with every push
#3 Choice – Fuego FELG21C Element Gas Grill
You’ve probably seen this Fuego branded grills around. Known for their unique and award winning look, the Fuego Element gas grills are also known for their performance and quality. Having only just started last 2007, they have become one of the sought after outdoor grills. If you don’t have a lot of space to put your grill, this is probably a good option as it is definitely a compact grill with powerful performance. The grey finish on the grill makes it more stylish and contemporary. Fuego has a patent pending design that cooks the food perfectly every time. They pride in their customers not having to worry about getting “hot spots” on the grill as there shouldn’t be any because of their patent pending circular design. The main burner can reach up to 21,000 BTUs, and it can get very hot in no time at all so be careful.
The Fuego gas grill’s performance is sure to blow you away. Despite its compactness, this grill was designed for efficiency and power. Having a great big grill isn’t always ideal, and if you only need a small one that can do its job great, then this is something to consider. The grill hood has a recessed thermometer and the lid helps to cook the food you need to cook slowly. Just like any other grill, you need to clean these grills. No matter the price tag if you don’t clean your grill once in a while it will not perform the way it should. The Fuego grill is actually one of the most user friendly grills ever and will make grilling a better experience for you.
And since this is a best grills under 300 list, you can get this grill for only $299.99. It even got a rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars from its consumers.
No matter what grill you decide to buy, just enjoy the grilling experience and have fun with your family and friends.
Product Details for the Grill Geeks:
- Designed in California by former Apple Chief Designer Robert Brunner and entrepreneur Alex Siow; winner of Vesta’s Best Gas BBQ & Spark Design Award
- Heats to 500F in just 5 mins; 21″ heavy-duty 15lb porcelain-enamel cast iron grate creates perfect sear marks; 250F to 700F temperature range
- With over 20 hrs. of cooking time on a single fuel tank, the Element’s patent pending dual zone burner offers the highest efficiency in its class
- Measuring 36″H x 23″Dia and supporting 346 sq. in. of primary cooking area, it’s large enough to cook 16 quarter-pound (4 1/2″ Dia.) burgers at once
- Featuring a hinged door for propane tank storage, easy to clean residue tray, electronic ignition and anti-tilt locking wheels
Other Noteworthy Grills
|Gas Grills||Rate||Dimensions (inch)||BTU/hr||Cooking Area (sq.-inch)||Positive Reviews||Negative Reviews|
|Magma ChefsMate Conniosseur Series Gas Grill||4.4||22 x 14 x 13 in||13,000||162||•Heats up fast|
•Easy to clean
•Easy to operate and store
•Stainless material used is of lower quality
•Fire gets blown out when it's windy
•Takes a while before grill cools
|Weber 566002 Q 220 Portable 280-Square-Inch 12000-BTU Liquid-Propane Gas Grill (Discontinued by Manufacturer)||4.5||25.1 x 51.4 x 26 in||12,000||280||•Large cooking surface for a portable grill|
•Standard 14.1 ounce fuel tank connection
|•Temp gauge don't go above 350
•Regulators and hose can be faulty
•Poor Weber Customer service
•Complex start-up sequence
•Puts out small flames
•No flavorizer bars
|Thermos 4-Burner 48000 BTU Gas Grill with Side Burner||3.5||56 x 44.5 x 23 in||48,000 main|
10,000 side burner
|•Heats up fast|
•Easy to move around
|•Some hardware parts may get dented easily|