Camp Chef has been in the grilling business for more 20 years. They produce quality products for almost any of your grilling needs. The Camp Chef Big Gas Grill is a great portable option for anyone looking into buying a small, yet efficient grill. This is a great grill for tailgating, camping trips, fishing trips, or just hanging in the background, cooking for your family and friends.
The Camp Chef Big Gas Grill
While it isn’t as big in size as a lot of other grills in the market, this gas grill packs a big cooking area of 608 sq. inches for a portable grill. It also has the added bonus of a professional grill box with a heat diffusion system and a cast iron grill grate that sears the meat perfectly. It also has 3 cast aluminum burners that can reach up to a very respectable 30,000 BTUs.
As mentioned, this is a great portable grill, but to be honest it also works as a great at home grill for your family, especially when you are low on space or funds. It doesn’t require any more than the usual maintenance on a gas grill. If you don’t have the budget to buy a great big ass grill for your backyard, this is a great option; it has the great performance of a normal backyard grill without the too high a price. Granted, the Camp Chef Big Gas Grill does not have a lot of the fancy features of some of the more costly grills, but the one thing it was made to do, which is to grill, it does like a champ. It is also easy to assemble, durable, sturdy, and overall, constructed well. There have been a few complaints about the ignition, but it can easily be fixed by lighting the grill up with a lighter.
The Camp Chef Big Gas Grill is fairly easy to assemble with well-written, detailed instructions. Spend an hour or so assembling this little guy and you can immediately grill after you finish. It heats up very well and very fast. It packs more than enough heat for most of your grilling needs. The BBQ box is actually one of the more sought after features; it can contain incredibly high heat and makes searing anything a piece of cake. As a portable grill, you don’t expect it to last forever, but it will definitely last you for more than a few seasons of grilling and you won’t regret the purchase. With the low price tag, I’d say you undeniably get a good bang for your buck.
If this is your first Camp Chef product, don’t worry. Camp Chef is known to have excellent customer service if there are ever any problems. With a 4.4 out of 5 star rating on Amazon with over 70 customer reviews, you have lots of answers to your questions and you’ll see just how amazing this guy is. And for only $269.99 on Amazon, you can get the amazing Camp Chef Big Gas Grill for yourself or as a gift to an active grilling enthusiast.
Should you buy this, there are lots of reasons to buy this from Amazon and here’s why:
- All the reviews are like having hundreds of really good friends give you their personal experience with the grill, then taking all of that personal experience and giving it a star rating. You’re buying quality when there are hundreds of fans of the grill.
- A friendly UPS driver will deliver it right to your door. No waiting in line, no hauling it in your car. No sore muscles or achy back the next day.
- Amazon has the best price 99% of the time. Amazon constantly watches competitor pricing and makes sure you get the best deal. They do a ton of business and take advantage of economies of scale, which means you get the savings!
- FREE shipping. Enough said.
- Returns are easy. Amazon recently shipped a car, and they ship a ton of large items, all day, every day. If they can ship a car, rest assured, you will get your grill in perfect condition. BUT if for any reason it comes damaged, it is super easy to return. Just print out a UPS label, slap it on the box and a friendly UPS driver will pick it up, free of charge. This is way easier than waiting in a return line at Home Depot and talking with a bored, angsty teenage sales clerk.
Product Details for Grill Geeks
- Cast iron grill grates
- Has a vented lid
- Three 30,000 BTU burners
- Burner housing limits hot/cold spots and gives extra wind protection
- Removable legs for portability
The Camp Chef is not the only brand that produces high-quality grills for outdoor grilling. Coleman is also known on this territory so if you are looking for a gas grill to use on tailgating, camping or just outdoor barbecue, you should check out the Coleman gas grills.