Looking to buy a new stainless steel gas grill that will last you a lifetime? Don’t know which one to buy? Not all stainless steel grills can really stand the test of time and resist the forces of rust and general wear and tear. But, that’s why I’m here and that’s exactly what this guide is for: to help you make the best possible decision. In this list, I have compiled the stats for the best stainless steel gas grills based on tons of careful research. My top picks are the Weber Summit S-650, the Weber Genesis S-330, and the Weber Summit S-470. Not surprisingly, these are all Weber grills and we all know that Weber products are made only of the best materials and are some of the most durable grills you can get.
Top Stainless Steel Gas Grills
#1 Choice – Weber Summit S-670
The Summit S-670 is a great option for a long-lasting, outdoor, stainless steel grill. This is a very reliably-built grill that can outperform just about any other option on the market. It has 693 sq. inches of primary cooking area and 145 sq. inches of warming rack, more than big enough to feed a large crowd. Just imagine yourself cooking up some juicy burgers and steaks. You want more heat, without increasing your gas usage. With the S-670, all you have to do is turn on the burners closest to the food. As this is a Weber, there are little to no flare-ups. It has a built-in smoker system rated at 6,800 BTUs that is simply amazing for indirect, slow, smoke-cooking ribs, briskets, vegetables, etc. This grill has 6-burners with a Snap –Jet individual burner ignition system. The burners are rated at 60,800 BTUs, which again aren’t necessarily the hottest out there, but they will cook your food to perfection. It also has a side burner with 12,000 BTUs, and an infrared rear-mounted rotisserie burner with 10,600 BTUs.
The flavorizer bars and the grease drip system are two of the most sought-after features from Weber. The grease hits the flavorizer bars and disappears, and what misses the bars will hit the full-width, slanted grease tray that leads to an aluminum catch pan. Since this is part of the Summit series, it will cost you a little bit more, but the great thing about it is that you are guaranteed to have a long-lasting grilling machine with Weber. Over time, it really pays for itself. Getting a quality grill from a well-known brand with years of excellent customer service is an investment. At $2,499.00 on Amazon, the S-670 can be yours. I also recommend you to spend just a little more and cover your investment to keep it clean and help extend its life further. The consumers rated it 4.3 out of 5 stars, meaning this is definitely one of the best stainless steel grills out there and was made to outlast just about anything else.
If you are looking similar to this but with lower price, you may also want to check the Weber Summit S-620. Both of these grills are also noted as the best 6 burner gas grills. Should you buy this grill, it’s definitely worth buying it from Amazon and here’s why:
- All the reviews are like having hundreds of really good friends give you their personal experience with the grill, then taking all of that personal experience and giving it a star rating. You’re buying quality when there are hundreds of fans of the grill.
- A friendly UPS driver will deliver it right to your door. No waiting in line, no hauling it in your car. No sore muscles or achy back the next day.
- Amazon has the best price 99% of the time. Amazon constantly watches competitor pricing and makes sure you get the best deal. They do a ton of business and take advantage of economies of scale, which means you get the savings!
- FREE shipping. Enough said.
- Returns are easy. Amazon recently shipped a car, and they ship a ton of large items, all day, every day. If they can ship a car, rest assured, you will get your grill in perfect condition. BUT if for any reason it comes damaged, it is super easy to return. Just print out a UPS label, slap it on the box and a friendly UPS driver will pick it up, free of charge. This is way easier than waiting in a return line at Home Depot and talking with a bored, angsty teenage sales clerk.
- The Weber Summit is great for your outdoor grilling needs with its 6 burners
- Capacity is 693-square-inch primary cooking area and 145-square-inch warming rack for 838 square-inch total cooking area
- Comes with fully enclosed stainless steel cart and porcelain-enameled cooking grates
- Very easy 10-minute assembly with no more than 8 fasteners and a single tool (included)
- Includes 2 heavy-duty front locking casters and 2 heavy-duty back swivel casters; 60,000 BTU per hour input
#2 Choice – Weber Genesis S-330
The Weber Genesis S-330 is a more affordable option than the Summit series with many of the same features and all of the same quality you should expect from Weber. With the S-330, you get 3 stainless steel burners with individual electronic ignition systems. Despite being just a 3-burner grill; this baby has 507 sq. inches of primary cooking and 130 sq. inches of warming rack. You get 3 top-quality heating burners with a lot of elbowroom from prep and warming. This is a great grill for those who don’t want to spend more than 1,000 bucks, but want a solid cooking experience. In terms of heating, it has 38,000 BTUs on the main burner, with an added bonus of a side burner with 12,000 BTUs, AND a sear station with 10,000 BTUs. The side burners are especially amazing if you’re like me and like to cook a little bacon on the side for a little extra something for your meal.
The Weber Genesis S-330 really is a great family grill. It heats up evenly, is made from top of the line stainless steel, and looks pretty sweet, even your wife won’t mind having this guy around. You also have the option to dial down on the heat so you can slow cook meat for hours, without burning your food. And again, just like the other Weber grills, the S-330 has little to no flare-ups.
This is a great grill for someone who is looking for stainless steel construction, a long lifetime, heavy-duty materials, and has a little bit of money to indulge with this grill. With a list price of $1,099.00, you can actually buy this for less at only $949.00 on Amazon with a rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars by consumers. Definitely one of the best stainless steel gas grills for the price.
Product Details for Grill Geeks
- 637 total cooking area; 507-square-inches primary cooking area and 130-square-inches warming rack
- 38,000 BTU per hour input
- 3 stainless-steel burners with individual electronic ignition system
- porcelain-enameled heat deflectors
- 7 mm diameter stainless steel rod cooking grates
- stainless steel Flavorizer bars
- 6 tool hooks; 2 heavy-duty front locking and back swivel casters
- Stainless steel enameled shroud with center-mounted thermometer
- Enclosed cart with stainless steel doors and handles
#3 Choice – Weber Summit S-470
Another from Weber’s Summit series, the Summit S-470 is a great alternative if you don’t want to spend a couple extra hundred dollars for the Summit S-650. You get 4 burners rated at 48,000 BTUs, a side burner with 12,000 BTUs, a sear station with 10,600 BTUs, a smoker burner with 6,800 BTUs, and a rear-mounted infrared rotisserie system with 10,600 BTUs. It is so packed with killer features, you know you are getting your money’s worth. The S-470 also gives you a lot of elbowroom with 468 sq. inches of primary cooking area and 112 sq. inches of warming rack. This unit offers you pure stainless steel cooking grates, and stainless steel flavorizer bars. Whether you’re grilling for yourself or for your family, this is definitely a great option, as it is one of the best stainless steel gas grills out there right now.
If you’re interested in buying this grill you can get it for about $1,899.00 on Amazon where it is rated at 4.7 out of 5 stars. The Weber S-470 is a great stainless steel gas grill that will last a lifetime. With Weber’s warranty and quality, you won’t regret buying this grill.
Product Details for Grill Geeks
- 580-square-inch 48,800-BTU gas grill with stainless-steel cooking grates and Flavorizer bars
- Front-mounted controls; 4 stainless-steel burners; Snap-Jet individual burner ignition system
- Side burner, sear-station burner, smoker burner, and rear-mounted infrared rotisserie burner
- Enclosed cart; built-in thermometer; requires a 20-pound LP tank (sold separately)
- Measures 30 inches long by 66 inches wide by 57 inches high
- 5-year limited warranty
These are just a few of the best gas grills built in stainless steel. We also like that you have the option to buy any of these grills as natural gas grills!
Other notable stainless steel gas grills
|Gas Grills||Price||Rate||Dimensions (inch)||BTU/hr||Cooking Area (sq.-inch)||Positive Reviews||Negative Reviews|
|Weber Summit S-620 Stainless-Steel Gas Grill||$$$||4.8||30 x 74 x 57 in||60,800 for Main Burners|
12,000 Side Burners
|•Even, high heat|
•Quality construction with double layer stainless steel for insulation
•Stainless steel finish won't show marks easily
|•Hard light is not as useful|
|Weber Summit S-420 Stainless-Steel Gas Grill||$$$||4.8||30 x 66 x 57 in||48,800 for Main Burners|
12,000 Side Burners
|•Lots of cooking space|
•Heats up food great and cooks up easy
|•Ignition system is finicky
•Side burner gets blown out when it's windy
•Not enough grill light
|Weber Genesis S-310 Stainless-Steel Gas Grill||$$||4.7||41.9 x 32.5 x 24.3 in||38,000||637 square-inch|
•507sq. in Primary Cooking Area
•130 sq. in. Warming rack area
|•Heats up and cooks food fast|
•Large cooking surface
|•Took a while to set up
•Not all parts are made of stainless steel, which may rust in due time
•Customer Service wasn't very accommodating
|Weber Spirit S210 Stainless Steel Gas Grill||$||4.6||63 x 50 x 32 in||26,500||450 square-inch|
•360sq. In. cooking area
•90sq in secondary area
|•Materials, fit and finish looks good|
•Easy to clean
•Easy to assemble
|•Takes a while to heat up
•Hard to remove a sticker from the grill lid
Incoming search terms:
- best stainless steel gas grills