Do you like to experience a full sized grilling but you just don’t have the room for a traditional big sized gas grill or just no need to cook for large servings? Well worry not, you don’t need a full-sized grill just to enjoy a great cookout. Manufacturers have produced gas grills that only take up a little foot print. Hence, these kind of grills are perfect for you whether you live in an apartment, a condo or just don’t have a big backyard or patio to fit big grills.
I recommend to have a space saving gas grill that looks and works similar to those of big sized grills for better experience, so we focus more on the best small gas grills that have as little footprint as possible but has the full height of a grill. But tabletop gas grills can also be a good option, especially for apartments that have stricter rules on grills. So for better options, I list here a range of the best small gas grills to choose from.
Top Picks for the Small Gas Grills
#1 Choice – Weber Spirit E210 LP Gas Grill
Since space saving grills are becoming popular, Weber has also followed this trend and produced its own small gas grills that try to have as little footprint as possible. But it is also as simple as it can get. Compared to the Dyna-Glo, it only has two burners and a little bigger in dimension,but it also has fold down side tables. And given that it’s a Weber, it costs a little higher of mostly around $400, but the quality of its construction is good and has thicker metals and some stainless steel parts as well. It’s made up of porcelain enameled steel, 400 series stainless steel and cast aluminum construction. The grade of the stainless steel is a little lower to compensate for a lower price offer. Here’s what you need to know about the Weber Spirit E210:
The Spirit E-210 is the smallest and least expensive of all Weber full sized grills. Aside from the small footprint, this also a basic grill where the 2 burners can generate up to 26,500 BTUs of heat for 360 square inches of cooking space. The size is good enough for a small size family since anyone buying this grill won’t really be expecting cooking for large crowds. But it’s actually a little lacking of heat for the size so preheat can actually take a little time longer, although it can still reach a good high amount of heat. Nevertheless, the grates make up for its heat capacity since these grates can hold a lot of heat and have good heat retention to allow heat transfer that makes a good job of grilling steak or burgers.
If you are considering a gas grill with side burner but still has little footprint, then just add almost $50 and you can have the Weber Spirit E220, which is the closest counterpart for the Weber E210. Overall, the Weber Spirit E210 received great satisfaction from its user as high as 4.6 out of 5 star rating. While the Weber Spirit E220 also received the same rating.
The best place to buy it is from Amazon and here’s why:
- All the reviews are like having hundreds of really good friends give you their personal experience with the grill, then taking all of that personal experience and giving it a star rating. You’re buying quality when there are 100′s of fans of the grill.
- A friendly UPS driver will deliver it right to your door. No waiting in line, no hauling it in your car. No sore muscles or achy back the next day.
- Amazon has the best price 99% of the time. Amazon constantly watches competitor pricing and makes sure you get the best deal. They do a ton of business and take advantage of economies of scale, which means you get the savings!
- FREE shipping. Enough said.
- Returns are easy. Amazon recently shipped a car, and they ship a ton of large items, all day, every day. If they can ship a car, rest assured, you will get your grill in perfect condition. BUT if for any reason it comes damaged, it is super easy to return. Just print out a UPS label, slap it on the box and a friendly UPS driver will pick it up, free of charge. This is way easier than waiting in a return line at Home Depot and talking with a bored, angsty teenage sales clerk.
Product Details for the Grill Geeks
- 360 square inch of cooking area and 90 square inch for warming
- 26,500 BTU per hour
- 2 stainless steel burners
- Porcelain-enameled, cast iron cooking grates and Flavorizer Bars
- Push button Electronic Crossover ignition system
- Fuel gauge and center-mounted thermometer
- Grease tray and catch pan
- Painted enclosed steel cabinet with painted steel door
- Side-mounted condiment rack
- Heavy duty, swivel front-locking and back casters
- with the lid open 63 H by 60 W by 32 L inches; 123 pounds
#2 Choice – Dyna-Glo Smart Space Living 3 Burner Gas Grill (Model# DGB390SNP-D)
Dyna-Glo produces among the best gas grills that also have a reasonable price, not too expensive nor too cheap that will only last for a few months or a year. So when they produced a smart space saving gas grills, it would be a waste to pass this opportunity up.
The Dyna-Glo Smart Space Saving 2 Burner Gas Grill is a good offer. It doesn’t take too much space where its dimension is 23.03L x 45.43 H x 45.83 W inches. It’s a good deal that it received a user rating of 4.6 out of 5 and we even have featured this before. You can read our full review of it for the Best Gas Grills Under 500 Dollars.
Product Details:Because of that, we are featuring another great offering from the same manufacturer, the Dyna-Glo. This time, Dyna-Glo offers another similar product called the Smart Space Living, model DGB390SNP-D. This unit has 3 burners, higher heat output and has a dimension close to the other Dyna-Glo two burner gas grill.
This is a basic gas grill but still has the fold down side tables which is great. In you’ll need extra space to place your plates on, you can bring the side tables up and just fold them back down again if not in use to maximize the space in your place. Of course with limited space, you can’t expect it to have other use like side burner or rotisserie system. But it is definitely a competent grill that knows what it needs to be done and great for cooking some burgers, chicken breasts and steaks. Its cooking space of 390 square inches is good enough to cook several foods at the same time and perfect to serve a family of four to six. Its heat output to size ratio is also just right, reaching up a high temperature and heats up fast without a problem especially with the lid closed. Though might have experienced some difficulty in keeping its temperature low. It is well built and has some stainless steel parts. It’s easy to assemble so you can enjoy grilling right away upon bringing this home.
Even though it’s pretty inexpensive, it’s not like other cheap 3 burner grills that you can easily find in stores and will not work after several use. Better yet, it’s also easy to clean, to move around and comes with a cover for better storage and keeping it clean, allowing this unit to live longer. Originally priced at around 300 dollars, you can find this at a lower price of an average price of $250. This is a capable grill that also delivers good offers and well-received by users, making this one the best small gas grills in the market perfect for people with small spaces like balconies where grilling is allowed.
But if you still have lesser room to own a full height grills, then maybe tabletop gas grills are better match for you. What is great with these, you can grill at home and also bring it outside for picnics or outdoor activities since these are portable. Here are just a few gas grills that really performed well and also got featured as among the best portable and tabletop gas grills. If you are really looking for something smaller then I would suggest that you also read our reviews and articles of it.
Product Details for the Grill Geek
- 3 Burner LP Gas Grill
- 390 square inch of 36,000 BTU grilling box
- Push button electronic pulse ignition system
- 2 heavy gauge porcelain enameled cast iron cooking grates
- 3 stainless steel commercial grade burner
- 3 Steal Heat Tents that protect the burners and flavor foods
- Infinite control valve options
- Double wall stainless steel lid assembly
- Temperature gauge and cover included
- Side shelves with integrated towel bar and tool hooks
- 22.82 L x 45.05 H x 49.14 W inches
#3 Choice – Solaire Anywhere Portable Infrared Propane Gas Grills
- Portable infrared grill with electronic push-button ignition
- Uses 1 pound propane cylnders (larger tank with optional adapter)
- 155 square inches of grilling space (fits eight 4-inch hamburgers)
- 14,000 BTU/hour; 61.1 Infrared Intensity Index
- Stainless steel (commercial grade) welded construction
- bottom rails accept a variety of Solaire accessory mounts
- V-shape stainless steel grilling grids increase flavor while reducing flare-ups
- includes carrying bag
- With lid down, grill measures 21 wide by 13 deep by 12 inches high
- One year limited warranty
#4 Choice – Magma ChefsMate Conniosseur Series Gas Grill
- 13,000 BTUs
- 162 square inches cooking surface
- 100% 18-9 mirror polished stainless steel
- Inner Safety shell where funnels grease into front access grease tray to prevent flare=up and heat discoloration
- Snap-out radiant plate
- Swiveling valve/regulator
- Oversized perfectly balanced lockable lid and Fold-away legs
- 22 x 14 x 13 inches; 17.8 pounds
That sums up our list of the best small gas grills in the market. Remember to check with the local rules where you live to know what kind of gas grill better suits you!
Other Noteworthy Small Gas Grills
Gas Grills Price Rate Dimensions (inch) BTU/hr Cooking Area (sq.-inch) Positive Reviews Negative Reviews
Weber Spirit E220 Gas Grill $$ 4.6 63 x 60 x 32 26,500 Main Burner
12,000 Side Burner
•360 cooking area
•90 secondary area
•Heats up fast
•Easy to control temperature
•Doesn't heat evenly
•Some parts have dents and flimsy
•Hard to assemble
Broil-Mate LP Gas Grill $$ 3.9 56 x 19 x 48 40000 400 •Fast heating
•Simple, no frills design and easy to assemble
•Large upper rack
•Heavy cast iron grates
•No enclosed storage space
•Heats not completely even
Char-Broil Classic 300 Gas Grill $ 4.1 44 x 22 x 44 30000 420 •Great size for family
•Compact and functional
•Heats up quickly
•Heat is not evenly distributed
•Paint finish is not rust-proof
Camco 58145 Stainless Steel Portable LP Gas Grill $ 3.9 20 x 9.38 x 10.38 (11.5 with legs extended) 9000 125 •Easy to clean
•Gets high heat despite its size
•Stainless steel is durable enough
•Ignition don't work all the time
•Needs longer legs to situate the propane bottle better
Incoming search terms:
- apartment size bbq grilles
- cheap grill to fit a small apartment