Aside from Weber, Napoleon is one of the well-known household brands for grills. Napoleon is also proudly recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and are dedicated to providing quality, home comfort products for over 38 years and counting. So it’s no surprise to see most of their units tend to be quite expensive. They do however, released a collection of gas grills with a more affordable tag than their most line-ups which is the Napoleon Mirage™. Even with that said, the Mirage series still lists for ranging around $1000 USD. But there are reasons for that, and that’s because Napoleon have something to boast for and they are confident with their products.
Napoleon Mirage Propane Gas Grill with Rear Infrared Burner
Among the Mirage series, we find the Napoleon Mirage M485RB model reign supreme. It’s the most basic but also the least expensive. Given with the price, it undeniably has quality construction. It has a fully enclosed stainless steel cart and if you try to touch it, you can really feel it’s made up of thick and heavy metal. The cooking grates are also made of stainless steel rod. Do note though that since the construction is composed of various parts and heavy metals to ensure good foundation and quality built, assembling this machine might take some time.
For three burners, it has 485 square inch cooking surface and 190 square inch for warming rack. This gives you a total cooking area of 675 square inch for a heat capacity of 61,500 BTUs, which is also just right for the size. It heats up quickly and high to cook your food tastefully and even give beautiful sear marks to your meat. You will have a plenty of room to cook lots of food all at the same time and there is even a room under the grill for storage and on the side for placing dishes while cooking. It’s really a great help especially when you’re preparing for a large crowd. It also has a roller wheels to allow you to easily move it around your house or backyard. And given with the price, it offers a great additional feature to compensate which is its rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner. Even though some may find it unnecessary by saying that a grill with a lid does the same thing. But they probably can’t tell the difference especially in terms of the taste. Actual roasting is to move the heat around the food, not the food around the heat. This then allows for a more even roasting and juicier meat. Unfortunately, this unit doesn’t include a rotisserie kit and you might have to pay extra to get one.
Although I mentioned that the Mirage series costs around $1000 USD, this unit can mostly be purchased at around $900 and can mostly be found through shopping online like in Amazon. Considering its price and functionality, it can well make it to the list of best gas grills under $1000. It already got 3.7 out of 5 star ratings as well. It may be named Mirage™, but it’s no illusion that this is one of the best natural gas grills in market and extending your cooking area to whip up some gourmet meals from the kitchen to outdoors can now be done. You can cook anyway you want, from grilling, quick searing and even to baking; it’s all possible.
If this is the perfect grill for you, we feel that it is ideal to buy from Amazon and here’s why:
- All the reviews are like having hundreds of really good friends give you their personal experience with the grill, then taking all of that personal experience and giving it a star rating. You’re buying quality when there are 100′s of fans of the grill.
- A friendly UPS driver will deliver it right to your door. No waiting in line, no hauling it in your car. No sore muscles or achy back the next day.
- Amazon has the best price 99% of the time. Amazon constantly watches competitor pricing and makes sure you get the best deal. They do a ton of business and take advantage of economies of scale, which means you get the savings!
- FREE shipping. Enough said.
- Returns are easy. Amazon recently shipped a car, and they ship a ton of large items, all day, every day. If they can ship a car, rest assured, you will get your grill in perfect condition. BUT if for any reason it comes damaged, it is super easy to return. Just print out a UPS label, slap it on the box and a friendly UPS driver will pick it up, free of charge. This is way easier than waiting in a return line at Home Depot and talking with a bored, angsty teenage sales clerk.
Product Details for the Grill Geeks
- 675 square inch total cooking area, 485 square inches of primary cooking and 190 square inch warming rack.
- 3 burner cooking grill
- 61,500 total BTU
- 13,500 BTU infrared rear burner
- Fully Enclosed stainless steel cart
- Easy Roll locking casters
- Stainless steel Wave rod cooking grids
Incoming search terms:
- what does a napoleon natural gas Mirage grill cost?