Tabletop gas grills are your perfect mobile cooking companion not only because of their portability, but they are also great grills for their flexibility. Tabletop grills are great for use at picnics or tailgates, but are also ideal for those who have limited space available at home. You can pretty much enjoy a deliciously grilled meal anywhere.
Even though some tabletop grills don’t have quite the same grilling power as the full-sized backyard grills, there are a group of tabletop gas grills that do have a decent amount of cooking area and power to grill up some of your favorites, and those are the grills we have meticulously researched and presented here for your perusal. You can refer to the interactive comparison chart below to take a look at the best featured tabletop gas grills that are consistently ranking highly among grillers.
Aside from the high user ratings these gas grills received, they also are just plain well-equipped with great features to provide a seriously satisfying grilling experience. We are going to delve into the nitty gritty of a few of the grills that really deserve your attention for their capabilities and durability. The important grilling features we like to examine in greater depth are: heat energy and area ratio, quality of construction, price and the bells and whistles they offer that make them stand out from other comparably-priced tabletop gas grills.
Top Picks for Tabletop Gas Grills
Two of the gas grills we’re highlighting below were also featured as two of our top picks for the best portable gas grills: the Solaire Anywhere Portable Gas Grill and the Magma Chefsmate Conniosseur Series Gas Grill, so we’ll be giving you just the quick and dirty run-down of their features and you can read our full feature for these two grills at Best Portable Gas Grills. We are also adding two other tabletop gas grills that are favorites for great performance, ranking them in our list of top picks for best of the tabletop category.
Cuisinart CGG-200 All-Foods 12,000 BTU Portable Outdoor Tabletop Propane Gas Grill
The Cuisinart CGG-200 is a modern-looking grill and a great option for all levels of grill-experience, as it is really easy to use and will satisfy the newbies as well as grilling veterans. It is incredibly versatile as it works well placed on a tabletop for picnicking or as a stand-alone with it’s own removable legs for easy tailgating. It is worth noting that if you do plan to use this guy with a stand, it could cost you a little more.
Even though it only requires a little bit of space, the CGG-200 has enough cooking area at 240 square inches to feed an average-sized, but hungry! family. It is not ideal for large parties, as it can only hold around 8 patties at once, but a small gathering will definitely be satisfied by the meat output of this little guy. It also has a high enough heat output of 12,000 BTUs to sear your steaks and chops to perfection. Although it’s heat ratio does seem a little low for the size, it can still heat up very quickly, up to 500 degrees. It is worth noting that some users found that it could also be a challenge to keep the flame lit in areas of high winds. If you are planning to use this grill in a gusty outdoor area, make sure to position it so the flame is protected. The Cuisinart CGG-200 is also a favorite for it’s sturdy construction, with well-crafted burners made of stainless steel. The porcelain and enamel-coated stainless steel grates also have a flat, wide side for perfect grill marks, and can flip over for a smaller food contact surface for more delicate items, such as fish or large vegetables, a feature we love for the ultimate grilling versatility.
This gas grill also offers great convenience with its twist-start ignition for fast lighting, an easy-to-read temperature gauge and a heat resistant handle for the lid, so it’s easy to open to check on the cooking status. Cuisinart also offers a 3-year limited warranty for this model. Overall, the Cuisinart All Foods CGG 200 received a 4.3 out of 5 star rating on Amazon. Normally, the CGG costs around $200 and $250 with the stand, but you can make this gas grill yours for around $161.49 on Amazon and $208.99 if you want to purchase with the stand. We love purchasing grills from Amazon for the killer discount and a few other convenience factors we have outlined below:
- All the reviews are like having hundreds of really good friends give you their personal experience with the grill, then taking all of that personal experience and giving it a star rating. You’re buying quality when there are 100′s of fans of the grill.
- A friendly UPS driver will deliver it right to your door. No waiting in line, no hauling it in your car. No sore muscles or achy back the next day.
- Amazon has the best price 99% of the time. Amazon constantly watches competitor pricing and makes sure you get the best deal. They do a ton of business and take advantage of economies of scale, which means you get the savings!
- FREE shipping. Enough said.
- Returns are easy. Amazon recently shipped a car, and they ship a ton of large items, all day, every day. If they can ship a car, rest assured, you will get your grill in perfect condition. BUT if for any reason it comes damaged, it is super easy to return. Just print out a UPS label, slap it on the box and a friendly UPS driver will pick it up, free of charge. This is way easier than waiting in a return line at Home Depot and talking with a bored, angsty teenage sales clerk.
Product Details for the Grill Geeks
- 12,000 BTUs
- 240 square-inch cooking area
- Stainless steel burner
- Porcelain enameled-coated cast-iron cooking grate
- Modular grill-surface system; removable all-purpose veggie panel
- Twist-start ignition and temperature gauge
- Folding dide shelves
- 15 x 18.5 x 42 inches ; 35 pounds
- 3-year warranty
Camco 58145 Stainless Steel Portable Propane Gas Grill
The Camco 58145 stainless steel gas grill features sturdy construction and excellent materials which prevent rusting and really extends the lifetime of the grill. It is also compact and very light at about 15 pounds, making it super easy to bring along on any adventure or outing. Below you can read up on more of our favorite features this little powerhouse offers.
The Camco 58145 is very light and it’s folding legs add another level of convenience for grilling just about anywhere. It also has the ideal amount of heat of about 9,000 BTUs for its size of 125 square inches. The size of the Camco is a bit smaller than other tabletop gas grills we have reviewed, but we have found that you can still cook for about 3 or 4 people with ease. We also like that despite its small size, it heats up fast and high. Cleaning it also isn’t a problem as the steel exterior and interior components make for a fast clean up and the grease tray slides out easily.
The Camco 58145 Stainless Steel Gas Grill is a great value for the money. This particular model comes with an easy-to-use, weather-resistant storage and transport bag, which is a great addition, considering you are purchasing the grill for the portability factor. The Camco also has a push-button ignition system for easy lighting and a regulator for the gas bottle built onto the side. You can enjoy all these great features for a list price of $159.99, but you can also check out the grill on Amazon as they usually offer a lower price, typically averaging around $125.47. This grill also received a 4.1 out of 5 star rating on Amazon, making this one of the best tabletop gas grills among consumers.
Product Details for the Grill Geeks
- 9,000 BTUs
- 125 square inch cooking surface
- Premium quality stainless steel construction
- Push-button ignition, temperature gauge
- Includes heavy-duty weather resistant polyester storage bag
- Features stay cool handle and latching lid
- 20W x 9.38T x 10.38D inches and becomes 11.5 inch tall with legs extended; 14.5 pounds
- 1-year limited warranty
Solaire Anywhere Portable Infrared Propane Gas Grill, Stainless Steel
Product Details for the Grill Geeks
- 14,000 BTUs for 155 square inches of grilling space
- Electronic push-button ignition, uses 1 pound propane cylinders (larger tank with optional adapter)
- Stainless steel (commercial grade) welded construction
- Bottom rails accept a variety of Solaire accessory mounts
- V-shape stainless steel grilling grids increase flavor while reducing flare-ups
- Includes carrying bag
- With lid down, measures 21 x 13 x 12 inches; 27 pounds
- 1-year limited warranty
Magma Chefsmate Conniosseur Series Gas Grill
- 13,000 BTUs
- 162 square inches cooking surface
- 100% 18-9 mirror polished stainless steel
- Inner Safety shell where funnels grease into front access grease tray to prevent flare=up and heat discoloration
- Snap-out radiant plate
- Swiveling valve/regulator
- Oversized perfectly balanced lockable lid and fold-away legs
- 22 x 14 x 13 inches; 17.8 pounds
Other Noteworthy Grills
You can read all about their reviews on Weber Q Gas Grills.
|Gas Grills||Price||Rate||Dimensions (inch)||BTU/hr||Cooking Area (sq. - inch)||Positive Reviews||Negative Reviews|
|Weber Q 100 Gas Grill||$||4.7||28.3 x 15.9 x 15.2||8500||189||•Easy to clean|
•Small but capable for 16.4 oz tank
|•Larger tank (16.4 oz tank) and the Weber hose won't work
•Customer service wasn't very accommodating
•Wasn't hot enough to sear fish or meat
•Safety valve is exceedingly temperamental
•Regulator and valve may not work too long.
|Weber Q120 Gas Grill||$||4.7||28.2 x 16.1 x 17.4||8500||189||•Durable construction|
•Grills like a full sized grill
|•Customer service wasn't accommodating
•Gets too hot for slow cooking setting (425-450), incapable of temps below 425 degrees.
•Not whole length of burner is burning; flame too small for windy days
|Weber Q300 Gas Grill||$||4.6||35 x 30 x 25||21700||393||•Good grill for apartment dwellers|
•Full open gas grilling gets you as closes as possible to real grilling
•Gets hot fast
|•Regulator can be faulty and cause gas leaking heavily
•Black plastic stand that holds the kettle is flammable
•Needs regular cleaning
•Food sticks on the grill
•Igniter won't function all the time, makes it hard to light even manually
•Light rust on cast iron grates, won't last long
•Burners get clogged up
|Weber Q320 Gas Grill||$||4.6||38.9 x 29.4 x 20.5||21700||462 |
•393 Primary Cookg Area
•69 . Warmg rack area
|•Portable grill that is large enough|
•Solid construction for good heat retention
•Appropriate for apartment dwellers
|•Big and heavy for a portable grill
•Grate gets rusted easily
•Cooks unevenly and gas jets get clogged up
•Temperature is not really controllable
•Too much flammable plastic parts are used in its construction; thus, easily causes fire
•Ignitor doesn't work all the time
•Too low to control the grease, catch pan catches little when it drips
Incoming search terms:
- portable stainless steel gas grill
- tabletop gas grills